In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 31 October 2013

xXx (2002)

It actually happened: watching an action movie dropped my IQ into the minus numbers. Admittedly, it didn't have far to fall to get there, but that doesn't negate the sheer inanity of this shitfest.
Vin is an adrenaline junkie (which we all know is a synonym for wanker) who gets drafted by Sam Jackson (playing a poor man’s Nick Fury) to be a government secret agent. Jebus wept! It’s a James Bond movie with the ridiculous action fantasies cranked to faster and more stupid levels.
If I was Rob Cohen I’d have attributed it to Alan Smithee before release.

0½ foot to ass out of 5

5 comments:

cuckoo said...

I like Vin.

...but I avoided this one at all costs.
Glad to know I was doing myself a favour.

Dr Faustus said...

I like Vin, too. And I like Asia. I thought that would be enough. I was wrong.

I debated if I should give it 1 out of 5 but I realised that would be out of sympathy, so it got what it deserved.

It's atrocious.

cuckoo said...

"Atrocious".

:doc: :doc: :doc:

That's a word I rarely ever use but when I do it's for ultimate disapproval.

Marceline said...

Is it just me, or does Vin Diesel look like an extremely muscular lady on that cover? :erm:

I actually think I've seen this but I must have blocked it out completely.

cuckoo said...

:rofldata: :rofldata:

It's Divine from Pink Flamingos.