In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 20 January 2013

Death Bed: The Bed That Eats (1977)

A truly bizarre film that’s even more entertaining than the title suggests.
It begins with the kind of bad acting you’d expect from a B-Movie, but that’s where the similarities end. It has a unique mythology that gives it an illogical credibility in the same way that urban legends are believable.
I think the oddest thing was the use of multiple narrators, most notably an aged spirit who gives history lessons in what resembles unrhymed poetry; had it been structured in blank verse it would have been the icing on the (cheese) cake. I like cake. And I like Death Bed!

3 yellow bubbles out of 5

1 comment:

Borderline said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it Doc. I gave it a 3 myself but I enjoy it even more than that for being so unique and obscure.