In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Austin Powers: Goldmember (2002)

The first half hour is eye-torture. The middle section, which stops all the asinine cameos and gets on with the 'story', is the most entertaining part.
What I like most about the Austin character is he’s a parody not just of the British, his antics highlight how America view the British, who are nothing like that in reality, so it secretly rips the ass out of both cultures; Myers is Canadian, so has a unique view of both.
The Dr Evil character lacks that duality and there's a lot of him in this one.
Too much flaffing around. Not enough Fat Bastard. It's a turd.

1½ gilded tallywhackers out of 5

3 comments:

cuckoo said...

Feck.

I don't even know if I've seen this film start to finish. I might have seen the whole thing in chunks here and there on TV.

It's pure shit.

Dr Faustus said...

You warned me away from it. :)
I did listen but when I saw it for 50p I thought 'why the hell not?'
Now I know why.

cuckoo said...

Shitty movies aren't even worth "free".

Last 2 shitbombs I saw were free on VOD and I still couldn't be more sorry.