In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 4 October 2012

The Wicker Tree (2011)

Woe is me. I watched it a second time and I hate myself for it. I neglected to Nut it before and instantly forgot everything about it other than how awful it was in comparison to Robin Hardy’s other Pagan exercise in weirdness. It's not a direct sequel, it's just thematically similar.
When not drawing comparisons, when judging it on its own merits, the camera work is good and the Scots play their parts well, but it’s still a damp sporran. You’ll be begging for the heathens to hurry and kill the happy singing Christians. Hardy should have killed this at the conception stage.
Christopher Lee's much publicised cameo is an embarrassment. He was ill and it shows. The great man deserved better.

1 musky bush and milky tit with a hint of cow shit out of 5

No comments: