In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Re-cycle (2006)


Labeling Re-cycle a horror movie is a bit of a stretch, but it's all the better for its lack of big scares. This is a parade of the fantastic, a tale of a writer's mind and all the ideas that lurk within. The plot sometimes feels like an excuse to showcase spectacular visuals, and I'm perfectly okay with this.

There's no denying that Re-cycle's script is a little lacking, but it's such a visual treat it's hard to care. The Pang Brothers have always had a great visual style, but this is their masterpiece, a buffet's worth of visual feasts. I would have loved this even if it had no plot at all. It was just so imaginative and was a joy to watch. As long as you don't come in expecting an involving story, you'll have a terrific time with this one.

4 forests of corpses out of 5.

1 comment:

Dr Faustus said...

I've been wanting to see this for a long time. It looks wonderful.
I have a few Pang Brothers films on my list to Nut but I suspect you'll get to them before me. :)