In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 5 March 2016

Dosti: Friends Forever (2005)

A rich kid wanting for nothing but attention from his parents meets a lowly poor kid. A lifelong friendship develops and MUCH bromance follows.
With that established early on I thought I'd the remainder figured out. I was wrong. I love when that happens in films as long as it stays logical.
Bollywood filmmakers work hard to turn every emotive situation into a dramatic song and dance (even when there's no actual singing and dancing) and I accept that it sometimes feels overplayed. Dosti does it often, but with no intermission on my disc there was no indication of when the change would come; I was caught off-guard. The developments thereafter held the real goal. Dammit, India, my emotions can't take that kind of punishment.

3½ restorations out of 5

No comments: