In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 13 February 2014

Species III (2004)

Maybe someone felt a need to tie up the loose ends of Species II (1998) or maybe they just decided that sci-fi horror fans are easy prey for this kind of shit. I'd put my money on the second option. Either way, this turd picks up the story from the exact point the previous film ended. It stumbles along just fine for a while, but then it begins to resemble a Buffy the Vampire Slayer script that didn't make the grade. We’re in teen horror movie territory. I want to go back home to adult world.

1 stolen ovum out of 5

3 comments:

cuckoo said...

XD Feck. Why?

Everybody's waiting for you to wipe your sweaty Future balls on the 4th film.

Dr Faustus said...

I decided a while back that I’d give 2 and 3 a try. It took me this long to get around to it. Part 4 wasn't in the plan.

Part 3 turned into teen horror. :disgust:

I'm in need of a 5 star film to wash away the awfulness of the past few days. I know just what it’s going to be.

cuckoo said...

Pluto Nash.

Obviously.