In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Bachelorette (2012)


I frequently get curious about movies I don't think will be any good. Usually, I'm content to read plot spoilers on Wikipedia. There was something about Bachelorette that made me want to watch it. I blame the cast - it's full of actors I like, such as Adam Scott, Lizzy Caplan, and Kirsten Dunst.

Bachelorette is one of those movies that gets worse the more you think about it. The cast sells the hell out of the lousy script, but they can't save it, nor can they do anything to fix the shockingly inconsistent characterization. The movie flirts with being both dark and realistic and a standard rom-com, but never commits to either and winds up a mess. There were hints of something interesting here, especially with Isla Fisher's character, but the film discards this in favor of a forced happy ending. Boo.

1 My So Called Life reference out of 5

1 comment:

cuckoo said...

If I stumbled upon this I probably would have watched it based on Adam Scott's name alone.

I really like that guy for some reason.

Good thing you slapped it with a PoS tag before I stumbled upon it. XD