In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 6 December 2017

Jingle All The Way (1996)

For many years, Christmas was broken in two for me. However, the actions of the person to blame could not erase my memories of the positive feelings and experiences surrounding it that I did manage to make with my Mom and Dad. Or, how much they went out of their way to make sure I had much more than I ever asked for. There are emotional positives to the materialism of the holiday, when partnered with the love and efforts of the people involved. This film demonstrates that more than any piece of fiction I’ve experienced. I remember my Dad leaving to shop at the last minute. I remember doing it myself. It wasn’t as dangerous back then! This doesn’t just capture the joy of buying things for others, though. It’s also (not so) secretly tokusatsu! It’s earnest, wonderfully balanced, and even aware that it's very First World and privileged.

5 Cheers for the Best Clean Comic on the Planet out of 5

Nutted by NEG.

No comments: