In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 25 May 2016

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975)

Giant mouths on giant screens creep me out, but the rest of TRHPS tickles my happy place. It's an insane flick inspired by a love of B-Horror movies and cheapo sci-fi, everything from Hammer to Plan 9, with a glaze of camp that gives it a love it or hate it sheen. It has Richard O'Brien on top form, a delectable Susan Sarandon, chilled Meat loaf, and Tim Curry in fishnets.
Now, if I could remove the words "It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right, with your hand on your hips, you bring your knees in tight..." from my brain at 2 a.m. then I could maybe get back to not sleeping for other reasons.

4 unconventional conventionists out of 5

No comments: