In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 30 October 2013

WRONG TURN 2: DEAD END [2007]

Most direct-to-video sequels are generally known to suck.
So it was a wonderful surprise to find that not only was Joe Lynch's sequel to Wrong Turn entitled Dead End pretty decent but it was light years better than the original.
This rollercoaster ride of a backwoods inbred cannibals flick is filled with great sick & twisted humor, loads of grisly kill scenes, a wildly fun score from Bear McCreary and ofcourse, some bad to the bone Henry Rollins goodness.
This ain't high art but it damn well knows that and runs with the gory fun that it is.

3½ super births out of 5

2 comments:

Borderline said...

You say direct-to-dvd sequels tend to suck but I've noticed you tend to like them more than the original, like Quarantine 2. "Light years" is going a bit far imo.

The only thing memorable about this for me was a few fun kills. I wonder if you plan on continuing with this series. I'm all for sequels but I made it to 4 before I had to stop. The pain was too much.

cuckoo said...

I don't know if I'm planning on it.

I wonder how much further they can take this and make it fun.

The first one had some interesting chase scenes...the tree jumping was cool and something I hadn't seen before in a dumb slasher flick.

I thought this one was great fun. The two inbreds dragging a half a dumb bit each down the road was hilarious.
1 arrow 2 heads made me chuckle quite a bit.
Inbred cannibal sex?
Feeding babies fingers.
and well...

Henry fuckin' Rollins going all Rambo is worth the price of admission for me period.