In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Friday 23 August 2013

Tattoo Nation (2013)

The poster claims to tell ‘The True Story of the Ink Revolution’. Someone grab a pen and add the words ‘in America only’. The film charts the rise in popularity and changing style of ink in NA, specifically Los Angeles.
It’s largely dismissive of other cultures; Japan is mentioned briefly, but there’s nothing about the huge influence of New Zealand or the African tribes. I guess the ‘Nation’ part covers that, meaning my disappointment was my own fault, but I bet I'm not the only one that thought that way.
It could've been worse. It could've been another of those bullshit “Love my art, but love me more,” fly on the wall style TV shows with tattooists who want desperately to be celebrities.

2½ shades of grey out of 5

No comments: