In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 20 July 2013

Liz & Dick (2012)

I'm considering watching the upcoming Burton + Taylor film with Helena Bonham Carter, so I watched this first to be able to compare the two.
Grant Bowler won't win any awards but he did at least try to sound like Burton and he did a good job of it; he obviously studied the real thing.
Lohan on the other hand failed to capture even the slightest bit of Liz in her performance. Dark hair, extra thick eyelashes and a multitude of costume changes were the only thing that kept the illusion. When she opened her mouth it all came crashing down. I'm not hating on Lindsay Lohan just because everyone else seems to enjoy doing it, it's because she was bad in the role. In fact, I think this was the first time I'd ever seen her in anything other than pictures on the internet in which she looked like a crack-fiend.

1 sinking ship out of 5

No comments: