In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Friday 14 June 2013

IDENTITY THIEF [2013]

With the exception of a handful of films, actor Jason Bateman does mostly shit outside of Arrested Development. Bridesmaids Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon's crime caper comedy Identity Thief falls under that "shit" category.
Normally with films like these I expect it to be predictable from beginning to end but count on it to provide some good throwaway laughs.  This film spurts a few minor chuckles and very little of anything else.  I really like Melissa McCarthy but even her schtick can't save this from being a complete bore.

1 throat punch out of 5

2 comments:

Borderline said...

Paul Feig directed Bridesmaids. You must be thinking of Seth Gordon directing Horrible Bosses.

I found this to be your "predictable but with a few throwaway laughs" movie. Tons of corn-veniences and far-fetched logic jumps but for a rental I found it fun enough. 2.5 Ellie Kemper cameos out of 5

cuckoo said...

:rofldata: You're right.

I got the director's wrong. :erm:

The silliness I feel is of epic proportions...

...not really.