In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 9 March 2013

TETSUO: THE IRON MAN [1989]

Shinya Tsukamoto tests your patience in the most disturbingly entertaining ways in the low budget sci-fi cult classic Tetsuo: The Iron Man.
A fairly simple story about a man turning into a murderous machine is shot, edited and scored in such a frantic, unsettling style that will more than likely turn most folks away.  It drills at the brain and grates at the nerves without ever worrying if it's offending your senses.   It's purely a visual and auditory attack to your sanity but done with such passion and fascination it's irresistible.

4 sexy tentacles out of 5

Doc's stuck his Nuts in The Clock for a more in-depth review of the film. 

3 comments:

Dr Faustus said...

That final scene... oh my! It makes me want to destroy my room with excitement.

You've got me listening to Chu. My neighbour will not thank you for it.

cuckoo said...

I saw a screening of it last night hosted by The Soska Sisters.

Was fabulous.

It's a must see on the big screen.

Booze and rabid Tetsuo fans every where. What a way to go. XD

budarc said...

I just saw this one for the first time at about four o'clock in the morning.

I am a changed man.