In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 9 March 2013

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete (2009)

Advent Children is a sequel to the FF VII game. The threat that was presumed gone threatens to resurface, which is bad news for everybody that didn't get killed last time. Such is life.
It's Cloud’s story mostly. Much of his allure was in his mystery, so giving him more screen time is both a good and bad thing. Nevertheless, if I understood the narrative correctly, then I really liked it. The conflict is both internal and external and one complements the other.
My biggest gripe is that some of the action scenes could have benefited from more clarity; they were too damn flashy and frantic.

3½ baptisms out of 5

EDIT: if you prefer the original version of AC, it's covered HERE.

3 comments:

Impudent Urinal said...

Wow. I'm surprised.
It seems like this is the kind of thing that is clearly in your shit category usually.

3 dilly dally shilly shally out of 5

Dr Faustus said...

Full CGI movies don't impress me with their boring CGI trickery but I think there's more to the story in this one than first appears. I paid extra close attention this time.

cuckoo said...

2 1/2 out of 5 from me.