In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 2 February 2013

YELLOWBRICKROAD [2010]

Jesse Holland & Andy Mitton's feature film debut, YellowBrickRoad is a creepy, atmospheric horror film that reminded me of Twin Peaks and LOST, so you think I would have loved it.
Not so.  It's completely ruined by characters who act and speak nothing like an actual human being.  There's some interesting ideas with photography, sound design and edits that demands your complete attention but who wants to give it to them when there's so much shittiness going on?  It frustrates me that such an excellent concept and setting is ruined by it's terrible execution.   

2 woods where there's always music in the air out of 5

2 comments:

Borderline said...

This one gets a 0 out of 5 for me. So utterly boring and probably the worst ending I've witnessed in quite awhile. One of those endings that is so bad that it's actually memorable.

cuckoo said...

I just about gave it the PoS (aka 1)as well but I loved the atmosphere and the "music in the air". Like I said it reminded me Twin Peaks/LOST and many spooky video games.

The rest of it just really, really sucked something fierce.