In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 31 January 2013

2012 - Cuckoo's Year In Review

The Nutshell reviewed nearly 100 films that came out in 2012, so you'd think it would be difficult to narrow them down to a list.  Not so.  I saw only a few that really stuck out as being really good or really bad.  I saw several that were really decent and would be more than willing to recommend but just couldn't make the "best of" list in my opinion.

Here's my Top 10 Favorites of 2012:

click on the titles for mini-reviews

9)    KOTOKO
8)    HOLY MOTORS
6)    ARGO
4)    AMOUR
1)    LIFE OF PI

Honorable Mentions:

...and of course, there's the cream of the crap.

Granted there's worse films released last year (Will Ferrell, Tyler Perry, Nicholas Cage & Adam Sandler, I'm looking at you) but these are the ones I was able to stomach subjecting myself to. So here they are...

The 5 worst films of 2012:


Agree?  Disagree?  Have a list of your own?

I'd love some thoughts from other folks.  

3 comments:

Impudent Urinal said...

I thought Life of Pi looked pretty. but that's it.
I can't believe you put Frankenweenie over Paranorman.

cuckoo said...

:catshock:

"...and that's it"?

Seen it four times now. I love it.

I loved the book though.

That might be it.

I thought Ang Lee did the impossible at adapting such a novel.

I'm a Burton fanboy.

What's not to believe?

cuckoo said...

Yup. Seen Life Of Pi five times now. Still #1.

Seen all the rest of my top 10 at least twice now, plus the honorable mentions....and after multiple viewings, I might knock Frankenweenie & Kotoko off the list and replace them with Silver Linings Playbook and The Impossible.