In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 6 December 2012

Assault on Precinct 13 (2005)

Jean-François Richet’s remake of John Carpenter’s version (1976) of Howard Hawks' Rio Bravo (1959) adds more guns in the hope that it’ll be enough to distract you from the fact that they removed the point of the previous entry entirely.
Ethan Hawke said it was the best action script he’d ever read; I think he needs a new agent. Without Laurence Fishburne I’d have tossed the shit-fest out the window long before the end.

1½ hours I wasted on this crap out of 5

3 comments:

cuckoo said...

Why did I think this was John Travolta and Denzel?

XD

I probably thought it was Tony Scott too.

Dr Faustus said...

You somehow managed to make me glad it is like it is. I'm appalled. 0_o

Impudent Urinal said...

I enjoyed it. Probably helped that I saw it before the original.
Though it's definitely more fun when it was just gangsters out for violent shits and giggles rather than the... ooh, almost gave away a spoiler there.

3 They should have just burned the place much sooner out of 5.