In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Saturday 20 October 2012

THE LEGEND OF SLEEPY HOLLOW [1949]

Bing Crosby has a great old time narrating the Walt Disney animated short adapted from Washington Irving's spooky classic, The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow.
It might not be up to par with Disney's other feature film's quality of character design, with the exception of Ichabod, his horse and the Horseman but the pacing and facial expressions are priceless in the film's thrilling and hilarious climax.  It's been a Halloween tradition for me as far back as I can remember and I know will be in the many years to come.

4 flaming pumpkins out of 5

2 comments:

Marceline said...

When I was little this movie frustrated the crap out of me. I was so mad that I didn't know exactly what had happened. :laugh: It's good stuff.

4 Ichabod...Ichabod Cranes out of 5.

cuckoo said...

:laugh:

For years, all I had ever seen was a 15 minute edit on the Wonderful World Of Disney.

I remember that being pretty confusing.

I always sort of thought Ichabod shown at the end with a family and a great feast was him "in a better place". XD