In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 30 September 2012

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE [2010]

Scraping the bottom of the barrel for horror remakes results in something like the merciless I Spit On Your Grave.  
The first hour is realistically repulsive and utterly degrading to females that it really made me wonder why I would keep watching it but my Nut duties call for it.  Where the second hour turns into a gory revenge film that threw all realism out the door, making it much more watchable. Now this sudden change makes me think it defeats the whole supposed "purpose" of the first half.  Apart from performances and a score better than the film deserves, it's easy to recommend skipping this one.

2 shotguns up the ass out of 5

No comments: