In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Sadako 3D (2012)

A Ring Cycle revival based on Koji Suzuki's novel, S (2012). I've not read it, so can't comment on how faithful the film is or isn't.
A new cursed video is uploaded to the internet, meaning every PC, laptop, tablet, phone, etc, offers a possible entry point for Sadako to return.
It sounds like a natural progression of what came before, but whereas Nakata's films were mature horror that made me soil myself, Sadako 3D is teen horror that made me yawn and check my watch periodically.
The Silent Hill creatures were the last straw. They'd work just fine in a Silent Hill setting, but here they were ridiculous.
Every point awarded below is for Satomi Ishihara; she deserved to be in a better movie.

1½ page errors out of 5

No comments: