In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 12 December 2013

The Fog (2005)

John Carpenter's original version of The Fog didn't have much of a plot. but it made up for it by having a lot of atmosphere, some great music and some decent actors. This one doesn't have much of anything going for it.
There's Tom Welling, who’s very far from the Kent farm, looking lost and out of his depth. Then there's Selma Blair at the radio station; she was barely tolerable in the Hellboy films, but doesn't do anything here to remove the whiff of shite from the remainder of her CV. She's perhaps the worst thing in a barrel of worst things.

0½ a missing clapper out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

I think I got about 30 minutes into this one before I shut it off. It was soooooo boring.

My ex and I accidentally walked on the graveyard they had set up on this film. They weren't filming nor were there any cameras or lights anywhere. Just the set.

We were exploring and didn't know what it was at first.
We thought it was real...then I noticed a chunk taken out of one of the stones and say it was made out of foam.
Something was afoot. :eye:

Didn't know what it was for until a year later when I saw it on DVD.

Dr Faustus said...

You met the star of the show. The foam headstones gave a more believable performance than any of the people.