In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 8 September 2013

The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations (2009)

In a huge break from logic, the 'rules' of the first film don't apply. Sam the happy protagonist can go anywhere in time; he doesn't have to have lived that particular moment before. He has a morality that mostly springs from guilt, but it doesn't take him long to push it aside when personal feelings interfere; he’s only human after all. His desire to find out how and why a tragic event in his past occurred has consequences for the present/future.
Each time I was tempted to hit stop something interesting happened to keep me there for the duration. I'm glad, because the ending delivered some unexpected twists that I hadn't cared enough to predict on my own.

2½ shifted pieces out of 5

No comments: