In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Friday 8 February 2013

THE COTTAGE [2008]

After being thoroughly impressed with Paul Andrew Williams' London To Brighton, I was eager to see his take on horror-comedy in The Cottage
Turns out I was to be vastly disappointed with this lacklustre snoozefest.  It's just scratches the surface of mildly funny and supplies next to no scares, which in my books is a failure.  Apart from a few slight titters, I found the 92 minutes to be excruciatingly long and difficult to enjoy.  If you're going to hire an entertaining character actor like Andy Serkis don't get him to play the straight man because it sucks even more fun out of the end product.  Piss on this film.

1 moth out of 5

1 comment:

Borderline said...

I kind of enjoyed the play on certain horror cliches, but I agree that the banter was more irritating than humorous.