In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Bedevilled (2010)


Bedevilled is a well made movie. The performances are excellent, the movie is really well shot, and the story is the sort of excruciatingly slow burn that I usually love. However, the content is so unpleasant that I struggled to enjoy anything about this film.

What bothered me the most about Bedevilled is that the characters are awful in the most believable of ways. From Hae-won's callousness to the vomit inducing misogyny displayed by most of the cast, I know the world is full of people exactly like this, and it's depressing as hell. This is a good movie, and on another day, I might have gotten a lot out of this, but today, I just can't handle something this miserable.

3 hookers that are the most likable character in the movie out of 5.

No comments: