In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 16 July 2012

BACK TO THE FUTURE PART III [1990]

My favorite of the three as I am a sucker for western settings and some of the missing charm of Part 2 returns, particularly in this one's Biff character. While he is still homicidal, he does it with the doofus sensibility that Part 2 lacked. And the western setting gives more room for both time travel consequences and time travel jokes which is good. Some of the rationalizations for the time machine itself are a bit convenient, but the plot wouldn't exist without them, so I'll let it slide. There is a visible formula showing, but the writers must have at least been partly aware of it as they make jokes about the series itself at times. New setting, solid formula and a nice pithy maxim at the end.

4½ A scientist who can't make his own gas out of 5

Nutted by IMPUDENT URINAL

1 comment:

cuckoo said...

Probably my least favorite of the 3...but that's not saying much because it's still a very enthusiastic 4 for me.

I love Mad Dog. :laugh:

4 Old Timey ZZ Tops out of 5