In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Sunday 24 June 2012

Clueless (1995)

This is a movie that will always be elevated by my own nostalgia, but I still think it's pretty good for what it is.  Cher is too obviously ditzy and most of its cast is underdeveloped, but there's some genuinely great dialogue here, and it's one of the better modern adaptations of a classic I've seen.

It's not as smart as some of Amy Heckerling's other films, but it's not as dumb as its leading characters often are. The fictional slang is especially well crafted. If you can get past the annoying tendencies of the leads and the fact that the love interests are former step-siblings, it's a pretty fun movie. Paul Rudd will forever make me swoon.

3 virgins who can't drive out of 5.

1 comment:

cuckoo said...

I can't tell if this is a guilty pleasure or not.

It's quite well done for what it is.

3 near death experiences at the mall out of 5