In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Tuesday 5 June 2012

500 Days of Summer (2009)

A Rom Com with a difference; the difference being it’s really good. Its greatest achievement is in successfully recognising the clichés that have dogged the genre for so long, playing around with them, using them when necessary and then tossing them by the wayside on occasion to create something fresh and engaging. It’s quirky but never irritating. I don't hate Rom Coms, but I rarely enjoy them as much as I did 500 Days.

4 non-linear narratives out of 5

2 comments:

cuckoo said...

Wonderful film.

We should fap.

The documentary was brilliant.

4 "Sons Of Man" out of 5

Dr Faustus said...

I haven't watched the documentary yet. Watched deleted scenes just. I'm trying to get through my stack of unwatched £1 purchases so I can clear some space. Will go back to the documentary after.