In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Thursday 24 May 2012

Carrie (1976)

No synopsis this time. I'm not even using the English language DVD cover because it's 100% spoiler. All I'll say is I don't consider Carrie a horror film but rather a coming of age thriller that raises the bar of everyone involved. Sissy Spacek as Carrie White gives the finest performance I think I've ever witnessed in any film by anyone, ever; she's terrifyingly believable.
Piper Laurie infuses her role with an unforgettable power and intensity.
It's the first and one of the best Stephen King adaptations, second only perhaps to The Shining (1980). Although, in truth, some days I simply can't decide which one I think is the better film, so let's call them equal.

5 Red light, Green light out of 5

No comments: