In a Nutshell. Mini reviews of movies old and new. No fuss. No spoilers. And often no sleep.

Monday 9 April 2012

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000)

Michelle Yeoh and Chow Yun Fat together! I'm in heaven. The chemistry between them is electric, despite being purposefully subdued. The film is the most balletic and beautiful wuxia  (martial arts) film I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. It has a sword that wobbles, bamboo groves that sway in the wind, people running vertically up walls and people quietly sipping tea. It’s a merger of the fantastical and the mundane. I could go on at length about the duality, the family, the history, the music, the art direction, etc, but I'll curtail that. Go watch the film instead of reading this.

5 scientific principles broken out of 5

No comments: